Happy Nurse Practitioner Week! This week – we celebrate you! In Texas, 40,000 NPs improve the lives of their patients by providing high-quality, cost-effective, patient-centered care to their communities.
Did You Know?
- There are more than 355,000 licensed Nurse Practitioners in the United States.
- NPs can prescribe prescriptions, including controlled substances, in all 50 states, including Washington, D.C.
- 88% of NPs work in areas of primary care, while 70.3% of all NPs deliver primary care.
- 45.6% of full-time NPs have hospital privileges.
- A majority of full-time NPs see an average of 3 plus patients an hour.
- More than 1.06 billion visits are made to nurse practitioners every year.
- The average age of all NPs is 46.